In continence

• 3 replies
  • 109 subscribers

I am 12 post op. My continence is no better and I’m really struggling to deal with it mentally. Is anyone having the same problem. I just keep hoping it’s going to get better.

• I hope you are 12 weeks post op and not 12 months?  Are you doing your exercises correctly - it may be worth you seeing a physio to ensure you are if you have not already.  Thing should get better and everyone is different. so it will take different lengths of time for everyone.  You may also think of consulting with someone about your continence.  Some hospitals have a continence nurse or there may be one working from a GP surgery near you - it may not necessarily be your GP surgery but they will be for your area. Check with your cancer hospital if there is someone you can talk to for help and advice in the first instance.

• Thanks for your reply, I’m 12 weeks post op. Seeing a physio could be the way forward Thumbsup

• As you are no better at 12 weeks I would think it is time to start asking for some advice now.