How do you feel about the festive season?

• 4 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi everyone,

We hope you don’t mind us posting here today but we wanted to share some of our festive content. You may notice quotes from this group, in our latest blog linked below:

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-blogs/b/community_news/posts/what-does-the-festive-season-mean-to-you

An image of bright fireworks across a dark black sky

We know that this time of year can be more difficult for many reasons. We wanted to create a place for people to share their feelings around this, get support and hopefully find some new online friends.

Any questions or comments, please feel free to add them below.

Kindest Regards,

Tom
Macmillan Community Team

• I have never looked forward to Christmas or the New Year since 10th December 2014. This is when I lost my sister in law to cancer. That year she spent Christmas and the New Year in the funeral parlor as we were unable to cremate her until the second week of January. I never thought 7 years later my friends and family would be worrying about my condition. This community has been a great help since joining after finding out that I had cancer. 

Stay safe in these uncertain times with COVID 

Tyler19

• Hi ,

Thanks for taking the time to share a response here. 

I'm sorry to read of the loss your sister in law 7 years ago and also your own diagnosis.

It is reassuring to hear that the Community has been a great help and we hope you will continue to find it to be so. 

Take care over the festive season. Don't hesitate to reach out to the Community Team at community@macmillan.org.uk if we can ever provide extra support or guidance. 

Kindest Regards, 

Tom
    Macmillan Community Team

• Not looking forward to Christmas or New Years at all, just finished 20 fractions of Radiotherapy (15 Dec) and on Hormone Therapy for 3 years. Suffering all the usual side effects of both treatments. Like Tyler 19 says above Macmillan Community has been a great help providing me with a cancer buddy to chat to and a counselor to sort my head out and can’t thank Macmillan enough.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all and hope you all stay safe. XX

John 1963

• Hi ,

Thanks for sharing a comment and your experiences here.

It's understandable you might not be looking forward to this time of year, with everything you have been through.

Hopefully it can act as a restful period for you. 

Thank you so much for your kind words about Macmillan too, it is always uplifting to hear we've helped someone. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! Stay safe.

Kindest Regards, 

Tom
    Macmillan Community Team