Frustrated

• 3 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Morning All!

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation to this. First of all my Stats are on my profile. I will take you back to the beginning of November, I should have had a face to face appointment with my consultant, however a week before & the day before I received text messages saying that this would now be a telephone consultation. On the day of my appointment the consultant called me 1/2 after my appointment time to ask why I hadn’t arrived for my appointment. After explaining we had the consultation in which she said that she wanted to see me at the end of December and to have a blood test prior to the appointment. Two days later the blood test form arrived without any indication of when to have it done. Moving forward I had it done on 30th November. On Friday my CNS called me to say that the consultant said I had the blood test done too early and would like me to have another one done on the 20th December. My point is surely my PSA level won’t change that much in 3 weeks? I’m not due to have my second injection of Prostap 3 until 4th February. My CNS also said that I must attend my meeting with the consultant and to ignore any text messages that I may receive saying don’t attend. I said to her why send them & her reply was it’s a “Computer Says No” job and they can’t change it. 

Thanks for letting me vent my frustration out..

Tyler

• I can see why you feel frustrated.

But spare a thought for the NHS staff, who are trying to get the job done through Covid with too few staff, too few resources, and 10-20% of them self isolating or ill at any time. Plus someone in an office 20 miles away is sending auto text messages that contradict what they are planning, probably without even telling them.

Your profile doesn't say what your PSA was initially, but you've just started hormones, so, yes, three weeks is a long time, and knowing how well it's working is very important.

Hang in there, things will fall into place!

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• Hi Heinous,

Thanks for your reply.

My original PSA was 79.39, which is low compared some on this forum. Hopefully at the meeting we will be able to discuss what difference the 3 weeks has made. I know that I will be on HT for 3 years so I suppose 3 weeks is nothing. 

• Tyler I would suggest you try and deal with the consultants secretary  - they understand the process more then the (PABC) booking staff