A bit of everything

• 6 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Hello.

I have been a bit busy lately and I didn't want to be all the time on the forum. The last time that I did that I was a bit depressed and I don't like to feel like that.

But today I have some news. My PSA went down from 191 in June to 0,24 now and I'm going to start radiotherapy in January. 

Unfortanelly I also know now that my cancer is gleson 9.  Less hot flashes and fewer toilet attendances during the night. 

I lost some weight, not too much, only a couple of kilos so I'm not worried.  

• I wonder if the ideal PSA should be 0 or - something.

• My Gleason score was also 9 but PSA was only 15. After three months of HT PSA was down to 0.4 by January 2019 and following 20 sessions of RT in Feb/Mar 2019 PSA was down again to 0.1. All PSA tests since then have been undetectable. I had my last Prostap injection in June this year and get my next PSA test in early December.

A drop in PSA from 191 to 0.24 is very encouraging and it should drop even further after you RT is finished.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • That is brilliant news Tati. I know what you mean about spending too much time on forums, researching and google I'm feeling the same ate the minute so may have a break soon, it's just so hard.

Regards

Paul

"Diagnosed March 2021 at 38 years old with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer, my journey so far is on my profile"

• That is a brilliant drop in your PSA from the Hormone Therapy.  My PSA was only 12.9 And Gleason 7(3+4) but my PSA never went that low on HT alone.  After Radiotherapy it went down to 0.05 and has stayed there ever since - nearly 6 years now.  Here's hoping the radiotherapy will do the same for you.

• Hello Tati,

Great news. Hopefully your PSA drop continues. Less hot flushes and less trips to the toilet at night is always a positive

Take care, Tom..

• That's very encouraging 're ur psa still being so low..my psa initially was only 5.67 but diagnosed with gleason7(4+3)..opted for hormone treatment and 24 sessions of radiotherapy and my psa came doZipper mouth to 0.02 in April 2019,unfortunately it has slowly started to rise again back up to 0.9 and urologist has ordered more scans which has scared me as up to 40% get a recurrence at some point Zipper mouth