Had good news today.

• 22 replies
  • 118 subscribers

The phonecall I have been waiting for over two years to happen arrived.   Six months after therapy ended,  my psa has dropped from 10.7 in December to 1 in October.  

As a bounus the actual sun was shining outside.   

A good day.  

• Yay! Good day indeed!

Trying to get fit again!
  • Really good news. My PSA wasn't taken last week but I'm hoping next week after one month on Enzalutamide there will be signs of progress, 

• Good News, however I do have a question. Have you had radiotherapy? The reason I ask is because I spoke to my consultant yesterday afternoon & she said that they will not start radiotherapy on me until my PSA is down to 1. She said that I will be on HT for at least 6 months before I have a PSA blood test. I have my second injection on Tuesday, this will be the first at 11.25. I have another appointment with her in January to discuss my case further. 

• That’s a great result on your PSA mine is reducing down to 54 from 203, next test in December.

• Hello Tyler.

I had about 20 sessions of radiotherapy,  but just one Prostap injection.   Tablets before the injection.   Radiotherapy started three months after prostap.     Latest psa was taken six months after radiotherapy ended.    

• Hi JoJo,

It makes you feel good when you get some good news. 

I finished my VMAT Radiation last week and had my PSA checked on Tuesday.  PSA down to 0.045

I wanted to tell everyone, shout it from the rooftops.  Got about 7 weeks until I find out if the VMAT Radiation has been a success.

The Hormones are doing their best to bog me down, and the Fatigue from the Radiation.  I think I escaped without too many side effects.

I do have a new friend in Incontinence Pads.  We are inseparable, never go anywhere without one.

This is when every bit of good news helps.

Best of luck.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Hi Steve

Thats good news PSA  0.045 you must be delighted, I’m hoping to get that low last blood test down to 54 from 203 so still have a bit to go .

mall the best Tony

• Thanks Tony.  At least if you look at your PSA, it's down 75%

You'll get there.

Steve (SteveCam)

• So thrilled for you.. you must be feeling on top of the world! Well done you!