Covid 19 Booster

• 1 reply
  • 108 subscribers
  1. I’m an advanced pc patient on Enzalutamide. My 6 months will be up on 15th November and there are appointments on 6th Nov and 27th Nov. Should I wait or go a week early?

There seems to be conflicting advice but I’m inclined to go early as my immune system may be compromised.

• No problem going a week early - that's what I would do  It's actually 24 weeks so if you work that out it is slightly less than 6 months to the date.  Heard on the news last week that the take up of booster in some areas was so low they were encouraging people to go at 5 months since second jab as they were worried the expiry dates on the vaccines would mean they had to throw lots of vaccines away. 

I went as soon as I could when we were told we could walk in at any of the mass vaccination centres in our area which was just over a week ago - glad I did as I was 7 months post second jab and within days our centres had stopped walk ins as the queues were causing road blocks on the major A road!  I think a lot of people were going with their children for their vaccines over half term which caused this - which is a shame as my wife was going to walk in on 12 November exactly 24 weeks after her second jab.  Hopefully she will be able to get an appointment for her booster soon.