Psa

• 7 replies
  • 112 subscribers

I'm currently on enzalutamide and got my psa results yesterday of 0.03 is this a normal response to the drug

• PSA is not the world's best indicator of anything, but a rise or fall in PSA can indicate how effective a treatment is.

You don't say what it was before, but enzalutamide is given to 'hold' the cancer, and a drop in PSA is usually taken as evidence that it's doing its job. It works well for many people.

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• Hi Mack53 a psa of 0.03 is good news I started with 25.1 now at 0.017, I have been on decapeptyl and enzalutamide since February this year for advanced prostate metas cancer, Gleason 9/10 grade 5 spread to lymphs and bones.

In answer to your question the psa drop is normal, but we are all different, you could complete your profile and provide more information to get more information from the group, or ring Macmillan.

All the best Ulls

• My psa was 36 at start of year and I'm Gleason 9 metastatic lymph and bones same treatment as u but my feet went numb with the injection. Do you get lots of hot flushes at night that wake u up I'm 68 in november but u started in February like me. Scary times regards john

• I started at 36 in February and gone down to as low as 0.01

• Hi ulls, I am on the same 6 monthly injections and enzulatimide as yourself, I also have zoledronic acid infusions to strengthen my bones. I am due to finish my radio therapy on my prostate next week and I was just wondering if I'd be scanned again afterwards, did you ? 

Regards

Paul

"Diagnosed March 2021 at 38 years old with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer, my journey so far is on my profile"

• Yes that is good. Mine dropped from 35 to 0.2 since I have been on hormone injections and enzulatimide. 

Thumbsup

Regards

Paul

"Diagnosed March 2021 at 38 years old with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer, my journey so far is on my profile"

• Mack

If its dropped it usually means its doing its job, most oncols will get scans done to confirm this.

Mine gone from 27 to 1 ( might be lower tomorrow at oncol appointment) over tha last 10 months on enzalutamide. 

Hope you're keeping well