PSA

• 5 replies
  • 111 subscribers

My PSA is down to 0.5 from 90 whilst on Hormone Therapy (Prostap 3) 3 monthly injections 3rd one on the 14 Oct.  with out sounding stupid, I know this is good news but I can’t help feeling very nervous/ apprehensive about the Radio Therapy I’m about to go through.

any advise would be greatly appreciated

Regard

john.

• Hi John,

Radiotherapy is a breeze compared to hormone therapy! Just do exactly what the treatment centre staff tell you (especially drinking the water at the right time) and you'll be fine. The machine is a bit awesome the first time you see it but the treatment is completely painless and is over within 10 minutes.

Do remember to tell the staff if you have any problems at all as they will ahve seen it before and will know what to do.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Evening John, 

Seems we're on identical paths, no great surprise on a forum specific to our ailment, I suppose.  My PSA is also down to 0.5 from an initial 38 due to Prostap and Abiraterone combination.  Not stating the obvious, but this is definitely good news for both of us. 

I'd hazard a guess that a certain amount of nervousness is pretty much inevitable at times.  I have my own moments of staring at the ceiling in the darkness of the night, probably like everyone else.  Daytimes are easier when your mind can be filled with other junk. 

I'll be starting my own RT in early December for 6 and a half weeks.  I can't say I'm looking forward to the side effects, but when compared to some other treatments, I think that RT will be a relatively easy ride.  Whatever RT brings, it'll be so worth it, if we can kick this thing into touch.  

Keep your chin up, my friend.  Rendezvous back here in the New Year and we'll compare notes! 

Seadog

• Thank you Saemus.

John 1963

• And thank you Old Seadod, 

John 1963

• Hi.

Agree with all that's been said.

All I'd add is that the bladder but more especially the bowel can be affected by RT.

I was given Fybogel to mix with water to drink when diarrhoea kicked in and found it helped tremendously.

All the very best.