Any advice

• 2 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hello my Dad is 73 has prostate cancer diagnosed in 2016 psa 99 and it has spread to lymph nodes and bones. He has had chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and has Prost injections and is on hormone therapy tablets as well. My Dads mobility has also been severely affected and he was also diagnosed with Parkinson’s earlier this year. In the last few weeks he has deteriorated rapidly and is unable  to get to the toilet and is weeing every hour. He hasn’t bee. Seen by his consultant since January 2020 and I feel he has been neglected. Should I call the hospital? 

• Hi,

Has his PSA been monitored since Jan 2020?  The hospital generally isn't involved so long as the PSA is low enough and stable, or unless something has changed. Clearly things are changing, so they need to know.

Because of his Parkinson's, it may be difficult to know what is a PCa problem and what is a Parkinson's problem, so it may be a good idea to go to the GP first and discuss all the issues. The GP can then refer back to the hospital quickly, while arranging any investigations needed at the same time.

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• Hi

Sorry about what’s happening, but as Heinous has said you need to contact the hospital straight away, inform them of his inconstsanence and his decline in health, if he cannot walk ask for an immediate visit as he is unable to walk. If you get nowhere phoning, keep trying be a pest but be polite.

Stay safe

Joe