Final treatment

• 6 replies
  • 111 subscribers

today was last of 20 radiotherapy treatments for my husband and just couple hiccups along way but nothing major . The other guys there getting treatment made it can I say funny with the flushes weight gain wind falling asleep etc they kept each other going even going for coffee or walk it certainly made each day go quickly and tips each one gives from free overnight accommodation  free transport from local charities bringing in diluted juice for water drinking other areas where parking is easier hope all your journeys are like his.now it's the waiting game again 8/10 weeks for results . I would like to thank you for support during his treatment still on hormone therapy and doing well

• That's good news Bar.

Don't forget that the first Psa after RT doesn't mean very much although obviously the lower the better. Psa can continue going down for months even years after treatment ends.

Two years after my  treatment finished my Psa was still going down albeit more slowly.

All the best

Steve

• Great news Bar. I think a glass of Champagne has definitely been earned.

He'll probably feel quite tired for a few days, but will soon be raring to go again. Tell him to try and get plenty of gentle exercise over the next two weeks before getting back into your usual regime.

I hope all goes well for the follow-up appointment.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Great that radiotherapy is now finished although I’m sure the banter will be missed.

Good luck with ongoing hormone therapy.

Ido4

• Brilliant.  Hope all goes well from now on in.

• That's good to know about psa because I thought it had to go down to under 1  his date came in today end March for consultant and how it went but as he is trying to get back to normal living  walking but not allowed on bike yet told to wait until last appt 

• Thank you yes he still tired and plant wind ha. No alcohol even champagne but I will for him and he still no cigarettes being trying to stop for 15 years but. this gave him the fright to stop as consultant said I would hate you to go through all this then have to come back with lung cancer . Wishing everyone success in there treatment