Dad's results

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Hi all

It's not going to be a great Xmas my dad just got diagnosed with advance prostrate cancer it's gone into his hip bones and lymph nodes. He doesn't see the oncologist until January so we don't know what if any treatment they can give him. I was coping with it quiet well until mum broke down saying he his devastated that he won't see his 4 grandchildren grow up ( they are 4,8,9 and 11). Now If I get anytime to myself with my own thoughts I just can't stop crying. Then I get cross with myself. I've always had to be strong iam a single mum with  a child with Adhd and autism and another who is going through diagnosis so I have a full plate already and I'm really struggling to mental deal with this I know he could have years left but I feel like I am already grieving.  I have not always had  the easiest relationship with my dad either.  

• hey 

i have advanced p.c too deemed as incurable , gleason 9 (5+4) so very aggressive !.

i presume they've started him on hormone treatment ? 

i was told its incurable but they could control it !

the usual treatment is hormone injections , chemo and radiotheraphy , that was my planned treatment .

i had at the time of diagnosis a 5 month old grandaughter so i know how he feels .

one of the best weapons in the fight against the crap in ur body is positivity its really helped me in my fight , and as hard as it is you all have to be positive for him too it will help .

if ur open to something alternative look at the JOE TIPPENS PROTOCOL , theres loads of people out who found cures when convential medicine could do no more for them!!

its not a death sentence like some cancers , people can live for yrs with this 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anubis

Thanks I have read it and passed it on its worth a try Blush

• Hi 

Its not all bad news, I’ve had incurable PC for three and a half years it’s in my spine, pelvis, shoulder and ribs that I know of, I went on the stampede trial which is six treatments of chemotherapy 20 treatments of radiotherapy and hormone injections every three months for life, there are maybe newer treatments out there but this is the standard one for people in our condition.

If the hormone treatment stops working there’s others to fall back on, a kind of plan B plus new drugs happening all the time, you may have seen the guy on BBC who’s treatments stopped working so their trying a new drug out, so do not despair things are a lot better than 10/15 years ago.

When I was diagnosed I had a PSA of 893 Gleason 9/10 stage 4 I thought I wouldn’t make it through Christmas, now I am seeing my fourth hopefully a couple more yet, so enjoy the festive season ( my favourite time of year ) and give your dad big hugs Hugging they will ( hospital) have his health top of their priority.

Take care 

Joe

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to joeven

Thank you Joe HeartHeart

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to joeven

Hi Joe! Thanks for your enlightening and positive story. 

There is hope and and pray you continue to have a better day than the day before. 

All the best

P

• Thank you, your words are a tonic, my brother has Stage 5 prostrate cancer with multiple sites of secondary bone cancer. It’s taken months to have an exact diagnosis but now he’s on the hormone injections and his chemo starts next week. He is so positive about the future, he’s in 70s, single and farming, he hopes to continue doing what he loves for as long as he can. Thank you once again

• I’m 50 with secondaries in my ribs, I didn’t have high psa or symptoms prior to blood test. I’ve had 5 cycles chemo, 6th and final cycle on 10th Jan.

As stated there are many secondary treatments after hormone to have faith in. I’m currently receiving Decapeptyl but there are other hormone treatments then there’s radium 223, plus a new one which Is similar to radium lutetium 177.

The biggest challenge at 50 is staying positive and not giving up hope.  I know that treatment will keep things at bay for a time, just need to ensure cancer doesn’t consume whatever time we have left. Need to enjoy each day and ensure we don’t waste a single day.

This last year has been difficult, but also difficult for my loved ones whose support has been invaluable and have shown my how much I mean to them,  I hope this year to repay that support whilst I can

Take care all,  day by day enjoy what you can 

John