COMBODART TABLETS

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hi All,

I am new to the ONLINE COMMUNITY but have read with great interest.

Initially I only have the one question and that is has anyone been prescribed with COMBODART tablets and if so for what reason.

Regards

• Hi maxi100 

I haven't myself been prescribed these but looked them up, see below  and hope that this answers your question. 

Combodart is a combination medicine that is used to treat men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), also known as an enlarged prostate gland. It contains two active ingredients: dutasteride, a type of medicine called a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, and tamsulosin, an alpha blocker.

Best regards 

Mally 

Don't let your good days be spoilt by the worry of a bad day, that may or may not come along.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Mally333

Hi Mally

Thanks for your reply.

As I mentioned in my post, it was my first post so not too familiar with the format so maybe should have given more info. on why I was asking the question.

I was prescribed the COMBODART tablets in Jan. 2017 for Enlarged Prostate and LOW FLOW. My PSA was 9,14. They told me that after approx. 3 months, any further PSA numbers had to be doubled.

Had a Biopsy and MRI scan with the Diagnosis as - Gleason 6 - MRI shows Organ Confined Disease and Recommendation was Active Monitoring but All Options Open.

Have had further 3 monthly PSA blood checks and visits to Hospital. At my last visit on Dec. 21st. my PSA was 5,03 so really 10,6. The Consultant said that the PSA should have have come down so he arranged for another Biopsy which I have just had a couple of days ago. Go to see him on 15th. Jan. 2018 for results. Wondering if anyone else is taking the COMBODART given the above condition.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have recently started taking them (12 days) they were prescribed for a enlarged prostate (non-cancerous) 

They were to reduce the pressure and improve the flow of urine.