Feeling Happy - First PSA post Radiotherapy

• 6 replies
  • 132 subscribers

Hi all you lovely courageous people.   See my Profile for background but I was diagnosed in January 2024 - Gleason 9 T3a N0 M0 - so high risk.   

I completed my 20 Fractions of RT on June 5th (Rollercoaster with sides) and have been eagerly awaiting my Oncology review and PSA test result in advance of this.     So we had a video call this week and great news - PSA down from 9.57 ug/L to 0.29 ug/L.    My Oncologist is very pleased and so are we (me and The Rock). So this stuff works and all the pain and other stuff during and post RT has paid dividends!

Forward Plan - 6 monthly PSA checks and a review plus continue with HT injections every three months until January 2027 - I can live with that but remain cautiously optimistic Wink  Success is a journey not a destination.

Hope this  helps others deal with their respective challenges - thank you NHS!!  Now we`re off on a Cruise and then looking forward to a Happy Christmas as last year was not a good one.

Thanks again to all the Champions and the Macmillan team in general - you are ALL super stars!

• Well done  for staying the course!  You can expect your PSA to continue dropping for the next year plus a couple of months (PSA nadir usually 18 months after RT) as the radiotherapy keeps whacking those bad boys long after you get off the LINAC sunbed!    AW

• Thanks AW - Fingers crossedFingers crossed can you explain nadir ThinkingSweat smile

Geoff S

We`ve Got This!

• Nadir is the lowest value of PSA that you record, before your little prostate cells start recovering from that radiation Radioactive️.  The cancer cells never recover as they are unable to reproduce after the radiation damage.   AW

• You are the Font of All …thank you again!

Geoff S

We`ve Got This!

• Hello  

What a cracking post - It's almost like having a twin brother - my current stats are Gleason 9 - T3aN0M0 - PSA 0.29!! and yes I am now on 6 monthly PSA tests, 33 months into 36 months of HT.

However cracking news about your results - the HT's working, the RT's done it's job and it's time to get your life back to normal. I love a post with good news.

Time to sit back enjoy the holiday Cruise shipCocktailTropical drinkSunglasses and look forward to Christmas Santa

Just by coming back to tell us the good news is an inspiration for people just starting out or part way through their treatment so thank you for taking the time out to bring us the good news. Best wishes for the future.

Kind Regards - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you again Brian!  You and AW are a huge inspiration for me on this journey and, as per your signature, gave me Strength Courage Faith Hope Defiance and hopefully Victory!  I feel honoured to be your twin bro’ Heart ️

Geoff S

We`ve Got This!