Radiotherapy

• 14 replies
  • 133 subscribers

I’m currently going through radiotherapy for prostate cancer 5 in 15 to go,when I complete my treatment does anyone know what happens after treatment with regards to follow up meetings with doctors and psa tests thanks paul

• Hi Paul thanks for your reply,when you’re met with your oncologist what information did he give you and just out of interest what was your Gleason score all the best Paul 

• Hello Paul  

A PSA test of 0.25 is brilliant!! I've been on HT for almost 3 years and my last one was 0.29!!

You have no details  on your profile but for a 65 year old man a PSA of 4.5 is normal.

I don't think they do say you are cancer free but the general rule of thumb is no rises in your PSA after 5 years and that's great.

I am a T3aN0M0 and told I will be on life long testing- I am 68 but if someone is looking after me that to me is fine - It's hard but to me I am being "looked after". If you look at my first post on this thread it shows where I am at with the system. 

I think is a personal state of mind - I accept even now - and I am still on treatment I am "cancer free" - I have no idea what the future holds.......

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thanks for your reply. 

• (Gleason 3+4

I can't fault my oncology team (Kingston Upon Thames and Royal Marsden). I was informed well and fully aware of what would happen, side effects etc.