Profile Update!!!!

• 16 replies
  • 135 subscribers

Hi.

Just to let you all know that I have just come back from the hospital where I had my CT Scan where they put markers on my right side.

I will be having my radiotherapy next Wednesday to hit the new mass that showed up last week when I had my x-ray and bone scan.

Hopefully the radiotherapy will "Blast" the "Mass" and help with my constant "bone pain" I have had "Neuropathic Pain" since 2005 but this "Bone Pain" is "Something Else"

Prostate Worrier.

• Thanks for the update and I hope the radiotherapy reduces your bone pain.

• Good Luck

I have peripheral Neuropathy because I've been diabetic for 30 years and recently developed pain in my back and hips.
    I have learned to live with the PN but the new pain is something else. I'm hobbling around like an old man

I had a CT and PET scan recently to see if the new pain is from the cancer but I have to wait until October to speak with the Oncology dept.

The wait is doing my head in. I'm trying to keep busy at work and then you move in the chair and you are reminded.

I would be interested to know how you get on

• I hope the RT works well for you. There is nothing so debilitating as pain. Will it just be one session?

• I find the waiting for appointments the most difficult thing about healthcare. Have you thought about contacting your GP for medication to deal with the pain until you see the oncologist?

• Hi Alwayshope.

Many thanks for your reply it's greatly appreciated and yes "fingers and toes crossed"

Prostate Worrier.

• Hi Slartibartfast.

Many thanks for your reply I'm very sorry to hear that you have also got "new pain" in your "back and hip" very much like my current situation.

Yes my new scans showed a new mass in my right hip which clarify's why I have the "New Pain"

I'm very sorry to also hear that you are having to wait until October for your results would it be an idea to see if you can be seen sooner if it is doing your head in???

I will keep everyone updated and I am very happy in coming back to you as well if that will help???

Prostate Worrier.

• Hi Worriedwife.

Many thanks for your kind words it's greatly appreciated yes the plan is to hit it "ONCE" & "HARD"

Prostate Worrier.

• Good Afternoon  

Here's hoping your trip to  "The Sunbed" next Wednesday works for you - do let us know how you get on.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Millibob.

Many thanks, yes hopefully the "radio" will "give it some & more"

Yes I will keep you all updated.

Prostate Worrier 

• They can prescribe stronger painkillers but then I cant work so I just have to put up with it.