Can anyone relate to this?

• 9 replies
  • 134 subscribers

I have on advanced aggressive cancer, treatment started in April and I am on triple therapy, had my second chemo today and although I was there 4 hours I had a right laugh with the nurses, took them in a chocolate selection box and they couldn't make enough hot drinks for me lol, see it pays to be nice. 

When I had to retire from fire service I went into a black hole for months, getting this cancer diagnosis is a piece of cake compared.

Strangely I feel the best have done for years, before the cancer diagnosis I was in a rut and on fringe of depression again, this has given me a focus and a battle i and going to win, gym 4 times a week and actually get up in the morning full of beans, could be the steroids though LOL, I know I am going to be around for a few more years as I feel better than I have for years with all the gym work, and this little bastard isn't going to stop me.

• Hi neil5324.

Good evening and welcome to the prostate family that no one wants to join but hey ho my friend.

Yes like you I was diagnosed last June 2023 with terminal prostate cancer at the age of 57.

I'm on hormone therapy only and my PSA has dropped from 1000+ to 1.79 which is slowly going up but no concerns as yet.

I love your attitude and it is similar to my own since learning that this little b**tard had invaded my body!!!!

Yes I am trying to keep as active as ever as this makes a real difference for me personally.

Please come back to me if there's anything else that I can help you with???

Prostate Worrier.

• Yeh, my PSA was over 2000 apparently the machine only went up to 1500, dropped to 40 then 35 then up to 37 today after 2 months,  oncologist was surprised it fell so far and the slight rise today is nothing to worry about as it fluctuates  all the time.

• Hi Neil,  what a wonderfully positive post, many thanks for sharing it will give everyone on this journey a lift. Like you I have an aggressive advanced cancer for 2 years which is not curable,  but treatable,  though no triplet therapy for me, just as much radiotherapy as they can throw at it. The cancer nurses are an amazing bunch of angel's. Many of the guys and I have changed since diagnosis seeing life in a different way,  cherishing the important things being more empathetic and emotional not getting wrapped up in unimportant things and enjoying life. I manage the gym 3 times a week which gives me both a physical and emotional boost and I know I am blessed with a wonderful family  but life is good. Here's to a few more years for both of us. 

Eddie 

• Hi neil5324.

Wow I have never seen those numbers too date not as though I want to in reality!!!!!

Yes my Cancer Consultant couldn't believe the drop in mine as well as the original prognosis wasn't that great.

I have got my next bloods and appointment with my consultant the beginning of October so hopefully things haven't changed that much???

I do hope that things go well for you, yes we have to keep battling & keep strong!!!

Prostate Worrier.

• 100% we both will be around for a few years, it has brought my family closer together although we were close anyway, wife is like my personal nurse and says we are in this together and you aint going anywhere.

• Hello Neil

Prostate Warrior is now pushed down to second place in the PSA league!!!  I am sorry, though, to hear of your diagnosis but I am absolutely in awe of your fantastic attitude towards this cancer. Well done!!!

I'm sorry, too, to hear that you have been in the black hole of depression in the past. I joined that particular club over 20 years ago and thought I would never be able to climb out but - hey ho! I did!!! It was a tough time though! I think an experience of depression actually makes us stronger people in the long run, do you agree?

I hope your treatment continues to go well and do stay with us on this forum!!! We are a very supportive, sometimes very funny, sometimes prone to vanishing off on holidays or having new babies (grandchildren) join our family etc etc. But, what this all shows us that there is still a life worth living in spite of the diagnosis and that we need to live it to the full .

• Hi Neil,

I was reading many inspiring posts on this community but this come on top of them all. 

Lots of love

Dafna

• Morning Neil,what a great attitude go get this this disease and don’t let it get you down,mine was caught early in April and was just getting to terms with it when I diagnosed with lung cancer 2 weeks ago,this disease likes to kick you when your down but you’ve got to hit it when it tries to get on top off you,this site is full off warriors,take care Robert

• Neil, ( , great attitude. You are doing absolutely the right thing trying to stay fit.  Onward and upward.  David