‘Active Surveillance’ - is this the right choice?

• 2 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Result from biopsy today - my husband has Cancer - low level is what they say, so suggested active surveillance.

Any one else gone or going through this route. My anxiety tells me he should get the cancer removed so it can’t spread but is the AS the right thing at this early stage? 

• Hi Cazzd, would need to know more details I.e. PSA levels and biopsy results. I have been on AS for over 2 years you can see my details in my profile.

AS seems to be the preferred option for low level prostate cancer but it can be a challenge for the individual living with it.

• Hello  

I agree with  - we do need more details but I have already give you my personal opinion here:

Prostate Biopsy Results tomorrow 

To add details to your profile so people can read them and help you, go to your home page and click on the icon of the chair (top right) then "profile" then "edit". Add your husbands biopsy results TNM Score - Initial PSA and Gleason Score and a little bit about him. Once you've done that remember to click on "save". (you can my journey by clicking om my user name or icon).

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.