Triplet therapy (chemo) starting in 2 weeks!! Please help us prepare x

• 15 replies
  • 136 subscribers

Hi All,

My dad will be starting triplet therapy this week with Darolutamide!! Excited and petrified all in one!

Chemo will be starting on 26 July. I’m going to be on my honeymoon and not back until 5 August. 
I’d like to give dad as many tips and tricks before I go so he is prepared. 

Please can you share with me anything and everything that helped you on your journeys with Docetaxel chemo? I know there is a chemotherapy forum which I joined but it seemed to be focussed topics on side effect more than preparation. 

So far I have a no touch thermometer, blood pressure machine, sanitiser and face masks. 

xxx

• Always Hope,

Thank you so much for providing so much information, this is so useful and I will share it with dad and the family. 
    Can’t thank you enough for all the support you have given on our journey so far. 
    I hope you also have time for yourself in between responding to all these posts. Your OH is very lucky to have such a supportive partner. 
    Take care x 

• Summer is always busy for us here in Greece as we meet up with a lot of people who regularly visit our village on holiday. This means going out for coffee or an Ice cream two or three times a week plus eating out twice a week. We also make time for each other just sitting on our terrace looking out to sea, listening to the Cicadas and watching the birds of prey plus other wildlife. Hubby is currently doing well so we have been given the summer off from tests and scans which is a pleasant reprieve.

I hope you enjoy the Greek Isles but make sure you have plenty of suncream as we have just had the hottest June on record and are experiencing cycles of extreme heat, current daytime temperatures are in the top 30's.

• This honestly sounds so amazing! How lovely being so close to the sea too - so good for the soul!
    Pleased to hear OH is doing so well and a summer off from tests and scans is certainly something to celebrate!

Oh wow, it’s been nothing but miserable here so looking forward to some sun but I’ll be sure to have my factor 50 with me at all times! 

• Best wishes for fab honeymoon . This group are so encouraging . Hope your dad does well on his treatment 

Liz xx

• Thanks Liz.

They really are, It’s had a big impact on my positivity towards this!

xx