Prostate cancer no longer responding to Docetaxel

• 2 replies
  • 131 subscribers

Hi

CT scan revealed considerable spread of disease in pelvis, lymph nodes and liver, so docetaxel stopped. I’m going onto another chemo drug but not quite sure when. I’ve now had no chemo for 4 weeks, so concerned that cancer will continue to spread before I start new chemo drug

• Hello  

I am so sorry to read your post. There's no information in your profile but if you are also on HT this should be keeping the cancer at bay whilst you change your Chemotherapy regime.

If you could ad a little about your journey to your profile it will help us to help you. To do this on your home page click on the chair (top right) then "Profile" and then "Edit", once you have added something just click on "Save". You can read a Community member's journey by clicking on their name or avatar.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  .

I have read your previous posts and see that you have had quite a journey so far and been through several different treatments. Have the experts said which chemo you are going on to, possibly Cabazitaxel? I can understand your concern about continued spread. Perhaps you could phone your oncology centre and see if anything is booked in, explaining your concerns, which might prompt a response from the oncologist. I presume your bloods have indicated a fitness to proceed?

My husband's prostate cancer was not particularly sensitive to chemotherapy but does appear to be radiosensitive. We have been told that his next step will possibly be Lutetium 177, plus there are still more options beyond this.

As Brian says, it would be helpful if you could put a few stats on your profile page along with a brief summary of your journey so that a more relevant response can be given.

All the best.