Update and anxious wait

• 3 replies
  • 132 subscribers

Hi everyone,  so we had a great time in Rome. Thanks for the advice re the travel insurance.  So, my husband has now had his biopsies. We have been told results day is the 18th June and have a telephone consultation booked.  Consultant asked if we understood that his lesion or one of them is pirads 5. Just have to wait I suppose. Trying to stay upbeat but it's difficult 

• Hi Marie, good to hear you both had a wonderful time in Rome and I hope the break has been good for your emotions, so biopsy done, hope it wasn't too uncomfortable, and only 8 days to wait for results, which we have all been through and know it's going to be a difficult time as it was for us no matter what we say. take care.

Eddie

• Hi Marie, as Eddie says, getting through all the diagnostics is tough - not knowing and fearing  was, for me, harder than knowing exactly what was what and what the treatment plan was to be. But - you have some lovely memories of Rome to remember as you go through the various tests etc! Good luck to you both !

• Good Morning  

You can't fault a decent holiday to take away the stress of the cancer and I am so pleased you had a great time in Rome.

As you are having your results by telephone call (they should follow this up with a letter) make sure you have pen and paper ready to write down the important points. 

I can't remember if I have given you this link (old timers problems!) but it's here anyway - this shows what your diagnosis means:

https://shop.prostatecanceruk.org/our-publications/all-publications/how-prostate-cancer-is-diagnosed

I hope the results are as good as possible for you. If I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.