Results

• 4 replies
  • 131 subscribers

Hello

I have not been on here in few weeks.

My husband has had his scans,  CT and bone scan and we were waiting for results, and now we have all the information.

PSA 20 T3bNOMO

Bone scan clear. 
This is all good news and so carrying on with HT and Injections and then RT hopefully starting Jul/Aug. Waiting for Oncology appointment. 

Can someone let me know if it’s T3b is this still curable? 

Thank you for reading. 

• Wife1.

Good afternoon its great to have you back.

It's great to see that your husband has had all of his tests and scans.

That is great news that his bone scan came back

Yes it will be great to carry on with the HT and wait to see what his team thinks.

I have found some info below for you with regards to T3 but please wait until you both see his team for there input???

"The info is from the Cancer UK website"

www.cancerresearchuk.org/.../tnm-staging

T3 means the cancer has broken through the capsule (covering) of the prostate gland. It’s divided into T3a and T3b.

T3a means the cancer has broken through the capsule (covering) of the prostate gland.

T3b means the cancer has spread into the tubes that carry semen (seminal vesicles).

I do hope that this helps and please come back to me if you need any further help/support???

Prostate Worrier.

• HI Wife

Good news from the results, Yes def still potentially curable.

Best wishes

Steve

• Hello  

Thanks for your post. With a low initial PSA and that TNM score I would think it's still curable. He's already on HT - that will stop any further growth/spread. The oncologist will I assume advise Radiotherapy.

I think in your case I would be pushing for the oncology appointment - see if your hospital PALS (Patient Advisory and Liaison Service) can help you push your appointment through.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Wife1, great news about the scans carry on and keep positive as can be ,we’ll beat this xxxx Robert