I think and feel i owe an apology to all you lovely people on here

• 30 replies
  • 139 subscribers

Well hi folks

the reason i feel like i owe you all an apology ive been very silly really, as you may have seen and read my bio well i then went very quiet.

Readon being so nervous and anxious and lost for answers scared to post and sat here at the norfolk & norwich awaiting my planing ready for sbrt to start in middle of june.

The realisation hit me why have i been so foolish to make myself suffer with the anxiety, in fact all i need to do is be active here look for help and advice , but this was where i panicked what can i offer to everyone these were my thoughts as the only thing i seem to do is crack jokes (in notmal life)

Anyway my apologies i will ask questions and i will also post some light hearted incredibly awful Dad jokes.

Why i figured if one person laughs maybe after sll i can contribute to these wonderful ibformative forums.

Hoping today i may get a few answers but im not sure if i will have a 30 second consultation with my consultant or just seeing the RT lovely nurses.

Not sure if i have posted this in the right area

Graham x

• Hey Graham, 

Everyone here is borderline bonkers with the worry of PC. You are definitely in the right area. You don't need to apologise for anything  Let us know how you get on today.

Slight smile

• Hi  

i think ive hit the bonkers stage JoyJoy i will post once i leave Heart️

• Hi Tango2pints.

Good morning please please don't apologise or feel silly as Cancer effects everyone in different ways.

Yes please please interact with other members and crack as many dad jokes as you like.

Hopefully this will help you live with your cancer and make a real difference in your life.

I do hope that everything goes ok today and please come back and let us know how things go???

Prostate Worrier.

• Graham ( ) you are definitely in the right area.  We all need a bit of humour going through this PCa journey so fire away.  David

• Hell Graham ()

Welcome back - no apology needed - I just thought you were still battling with your fork lift truck!!!!!!!

We all react to a Cancer diagnosis in a different way - so no  -  you are a normal bloke!!

We have all been where you are now - we all started by asking questions - as we progress we learn and are able to answer other people's questions.

Good luck today - come back and let us know how you get on.

Great to hear from you again.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Well had my enema for planning drank 650ml of water had 6 goes at trying to put the contrast canula in for the dye with no joy, had to empty my bladder drink more water , snd tbey are going to do the planing scan without the dye, which has now sent my anxiety levels through the roof.. 

the lovely nurse says its not that important which makes me think if not important why does it need to be done , therefore anxiety kicking in about am i going to not get as good a co with the radiation now sorry guys has not been a lot going my way here today. So i hope i do get just as a good a go if it makes sense

graham

• Hello Graham ()

At the planing scan they will have given you 3 tattoos. They use these to line you up in the same position each time you are at Radiotherapy lying on the "sunbed".

Each fraction before they "zap" you - the machine will rotate once - this is a scan to make sure you are in the correct position.

(The contrast dye only enhances the image - they can get a decent image without it).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Graham.

Don't worry about the contrast. All it does is make it easier to read the scan but an experienced radiographer has no problem. My husband has had over 20 scans plus planning and treatment ones, all without contrast because of Chronic Kidney Disease, and it has not affected the accuracy of treatment or progress report.

• Last time I told a dad joke on here, I got sent to the naughty step Joy   AW

• Hi  

that really helped it all went well had a good amount in my bladder and was empty in the evacuation zone so next is first fraction on 16th june TrophyTrophyTrophy