A really positive day!

• 9 replies
  • 135 subscribers

Got the results of my first post diagnosis PSA result today. Down from 111 5 weeks ago to 1.97 today! The Zoladex has definitely worked its magic! 

Now onto the chemo is a few weeks to really grind the big C down! 

so happy tonight

• That's a great reduction which shows the medication is doing it's job.  No wonder you are feeling happy, time to enjoy a relaxing evening.

• Grantyo12,

That's amazing! There we said very treatable and you are a shining example. Bring on the Chemo to knock it for six! I hope you are celebrating Champagne glass

Best wishes LChampagne glass

• Hi Grantyo12.

Good evening, great results my friend I am so glad that the meds are working very very well.

Bring on the Chemo to kick that C right up the backside!!!!

Have a great evening celebrating and have one for me!!!!

Prostate Worrier.

• Morning Grantyo12 Brilliant news and long May it continue xxx

• Well,   - that’s a brilliant result, as I think you have been on hormone therapy for only a month?  I think you can expect further drops, after such a dramatic 98% drop in such a short time.  I love your positivity about looking forward to the chemo - you deserve this result - and the chemo should , as you say, bring the cancer down (especially as it has been stopped in its tracks and significantly weakened by the HT).

I look forward to seeing your next update ..    AW

• Hello  

MAGIC NEWS - LET'S CELEBRATE CakeChampagne glass.

Positive attitude - HT working - what more can you ask for,

Thanks for sharing - keep us posted.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Fabulous news I am so happy for you 

• Yes to be honest I was really shocked by the drop. It’s 6 weeks today since I took the first Bicalutamide tablet and 5 weeks today the first Zoladex went in. I thought it would still be 20 or 30ish. Particularly as I have had thus far almost zero sude effect's.

I’m just waiting to see an oncologist at the moment, but hopefully the chemo should start in 3 or 4 weeks time. 

will definitely keep the group updated! 

• I have to confess we did have a few glasses to celebrate the news last night! 

I had a bit of a wobble week 3 but aside from that I/we have remained totally positive!

will defo keep everyone posted!