Out of the dark comes light.

• 15 replies
  • 128 subscribers

Good evening you lovely peeps.I haven’t posted in a while as have been on a bit of a dark path for last few months.So as my bio ended with the oncologist telling me your pc is incurable but manageable,I was sent on my way with the first of 2 months HT ,2 weeks in and kind of got my head around well this is it.Then 3 weeks after starting my HT I get an unexpected appointment to see the urology department and specifically a consultant surgeon,at the meeting I was introduced to a very up beat very confident surgeon who sat me down and told me that he had looked at all of my tests and scans and said to me because of my age and fitness I can remove your cancer with a curative outcome,well to say I was speechless I can’t put in to words.so we agreed a plan and the surgery date was set.So to fast forward to today 02/05/24  I’m now 11 weeks post surgery and I’m doing great.so after the surgery i was told I would get the histology results in 9 weeks and that happened today ,I’ve been told the surgery was100 % successful full clear margins and removed 3 lymph nodes that were tested and found to have no cancer involved I can’t even begin to describe how happy I am for as long as it lasts.so what I wanted to say is if you get a diagnosis of advanced locally spread PC  just ask the question can I have surgery and if not why not,taking no for a answer is not always the right one.

My initial diagnosis was psa 7.2 ,grade 5, Gleason 9, T3b .M1. N1. Then after surgery and histology was grade 5 Gleason 9 T3a M 0 N0

Keep fighting good people of macmillan

P.S I also became a grandad amongst the chaos