Sitrep after first treatment review

• 4 replies
  • 122 subscribers

12 sessions down 8 to go and review of treatment with oncologist. Given fibregel to help with the very loose stools and also Cyproterone Acetate 50 mg to help with the extreme hot sweats.

• Hello  Eric - from one Gleason 9 T3a to another - you are doing great - As you say 8 to go and if only lose stools and hot sweats are the only side effects you are doing great. No fatigue - but be assured that will catch up with you.

Keep us posted and keep the Radiographers update with your issues - they will see you through the last 8 fractions.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  .

Please be aware that Cyproterone Acetate (along with hormone treatment) can lead to an increase in your HbA1C blood sugar and consequently Type 2 diabetes. It's in the Patient Information Leaflet included in the drug packaging but many medical professionals don't seem to know about the problem. I am still having 6 monthly diabetic checks nearly three years after my last Prostap injection despite my HbA1C being down to 42 (it rose to 54 during HT) and my GP practice is in denial about the connection.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Hi Brian, as you say I’m lucky so far. Feel a bit dozy in the evenings sometimes so nothing new there haha. 
    I know it’s on the cards so am prepared for it as much as I can. 

• Hi Seamus, I saw that in the information leaflet and at the moment record my BG daily and am having diabetic reviews every three months. I’m having more trouble with trying to book my next Prostap at the doctors as the person who does the future appointments is on annual leave until next week. I think it’s a case of too much power in the hands of the receptionist who doesn’t want to book the appointment. Oh well try again next week.