Back to chemo again

• 22 replies
  • 126 subscribers

Hi everyone 

Well it’s been nearly eight years since I was diagnosed and seven and a half since I had docetaxel, at that time I was a pretty fit guy when I first had it, now I’m a lot weaker and suffer from a few other things.

The last time I was hit like a train wreck, mega hot flushes, hair loss, tiredness and fatigue, brown nails, joint pain and breathlessness, plus the chemo brain touch. Oh sepsis after my third treatment

There was a couple of minor things to like taste loss.

This has come about after my MRI where a few spots on my spine where found, not big but my enzalutamide is not working anymore, and there was a shadow on my spine maybe in my marrow, So I’ve been told ten treatments ( Hope I’ll get to see the euros ) and there is my update, I know about the pineapple to help with taste, temperature, eating greens and fish, plus pulses stuff like that.

Stay safe everyone I start this in two or three weeks.

Joe

• Hello   So sorry to read this - I know your posts are valued and I respect your knowledge when replying to other Community members.

Let's hope this time round - seven and a half years down the line - the Chemo has improved and you will be able to tolerate it without any side effects. We are all with you on this journey - if there is anything you think Macmillan can do for you please give the support line a ring on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week).

Keep us posted as to how you get on.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Brian

Cheers, at least I know what to xpect, my wife and carer will be sick with worry and stress until this is over.

Stay safe

Joe

• Hi Joe,

I wondered where you were. I hope it goes well for you with less side effects this time. One thing for sure is that treatment has come along way in 8 years so hopefully this time round things will be easier. 

Best wishes to you and your wife and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Lx

• So sorry to hear this Joe. I hope you have a better experience this time round. When hubby had his chemotherapy last year they were very conscious that he still had some quality of life and provided supportive medication as well as adjusting the Docetxel dose when side effects lasted for too long in the cycle. The one reassurance is that they would not recommend any form of treatment if they didn't think you could cope with it.

• Hi  , very sorry to hear you had a bad MRI and back on chemo.  I do hope you tolerate it better this time.  My very best wishes to you and your OH. David

• Thanks everyone 

Yes to say they wanted to start it two to three weeks after seeing the oncologist and he’s a top guy in his field,

is a slight worry, but one thing I never do is give up always positive, thanks again for the support.

Stay safe

Joe

• Hello Joe , I’ll be thinking of you and your wife as you go through this treatment and really hope the side effects won’t be so bad this time around.  As you say, stay positive - we’ll all be rooting for you and cheering you on from the sidelines x

• Hi Joe

It feels like I've known u  for many years, suppose I have, must be at least 5.

I wish u all the best for your treatment and am sure u will come out fighting, you normally do..

Good luck

Stece

• Hi All

Thanks for all the comments, I will do my best to keep you all informed.

Stay safe

Joe

• Hello Joe, sorry to read your post. I really hope your treatment goes well and you don't get any or many side effects.