Prostate

• 16 replies
  • 136 subscribers

Hi all , FRIDAY was d day at Leeds st James hospital regarding any treatment with me having Crohn’s and passed opps re resections of my bowel, walked in thinking he just going to say same as the other three consultants at three hospitals and won’t risk either an Opp or radio therapy, then I hear the words that the others didn’t say and that HE will do me brachytherapy in two sessions about a month apart , he said my staging T3b no that I have had from three hospital consultants was in his opinion wrong and he thinks it’s an A , phewwww , am I a happy bunny and came out of Leeds Jimmys clocking my heels and biggest smile ) still on by the way ) but the vodka lucazade tasted sweet over weekend , just wondering why I had the others get it wrong , brachytherapy here I come you little beauty 

• Hi Johnny - Well it's been a journey for you and to be honest we are all different. If he's happy you are a T3a (Welcome to the T3a club) then that's great news. 

Brachytherapy to me looks a simple and effective treatment and with your Crohn's as long as the Consultant knows what he's doing - good on you. That's a cracking result and I can tell you are well chuffed.

Keep posting and let us know how you go on - next time I am on your side of the hill we must meet up and celebrate - although I will settle for a pint of draught bitter - that vodka stuff won't do me any good!

Brilliant mate Thumbsup best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Cheers and definitely some celebration soon , even just booked a little sunshine break with Cuba hol cancelled in June with all this up in the air , yep  I hope he knows what he taking on in me lol 

Cheers , Jonny mac

• Excellent news, so pleased for you. I always like to try and get a second opinion and do my own research as well. 

• Well just got back from my sunny hol in turkey , but walked ten miles in the week so tired now, and ready for my two sessions of brachnytherapy , hopefully before Xmas , on the T3b to an T3a , had a few phone calls saying it’s hard to tell and that’s why the consultant said it’s now an A and should be happy , was still not happy it took Sheffield 5 months before I was told not the B , bless em 

Cheers , Jonny mac

• Hello   That's great news. I hope you liked Tukey - I have just returned from 3 weeks there - the photo on my icon is Oludeniz beach - it's in my view one of the best in the Med.

Right - let's get on with the Brachy before Christmas and we can crack open the bubbly - don't forget I am only "over the hill" in Lancashire and I am partial to a glass or two - well you have to enjoy something on HT!!

Best wishes - Brian Thumbsup.

Community Champion badge

• Hi all , as I’m only on HT till my treatment of brachnytherapy in January ( two lots of Hd in two weeks I’m told ) quick question, only used to getting up to toilet once in night till last two weeks and four times now , so sleep pattern very much not to my liking , is it because of my treatment not till January?

Cheers , Jonny mac

• Hello   Hormone Therapy can affect how much you wee, but it's not a common side effect. If it's been a rapid change like that I would check with your G P just in case you have picked up a UTI.

Hope it's nothing too serious.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

• Hi , turkey in the sun last week was just what we needed after the year just gone , as my other half had just been in Hossy with pneumonia, 19 on plane going out says it was going to be a quiet hol ,so more hassle from the shop keepers to try sel their stuff ( by the way the quality of the product Ka has certainly got better , yes this getting interrupted sleep isn’t to my liking , when your up for work at 6 am , but a bit of fatigue, I suppose I’m lucky , cheers and roll on January for the brachnytherapy, I’ve seen the machine that gets put in tween yer *alls and *rse lol Joy 

Cheers , Jonny mac

• Hi Jonny

Glad you had a great holiday - we think Turkey's great - that's why we bought a pad there!! yes, some of the "genuine" goods they sell aren't perfect!!

I hope you resolve the urine issue and if fatigue is the only side effect you have had from the Hormone Therapy you are a very lucky boy.

At least you have the joy of your "nuclear seeds" to look forward to in the New Year - keep us posted as to how it goes.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

• hi Brian Marmaris marina is quality, oh and on arrival at 3 am we were welcomed by a family of wild boars , mum dad and two kids , brilliant , told they come down from forest looking for food when tourists aren’t in numbers , been told by consultant to only try drink in day and try to keep off it in evening, don’t do tea r coffee and I’m a builder lol , …. Wish we was still in that Turkish sun tho 

Cheers , Jonny mac