Early stage

• 4 replies
  • 121 subscribers

I am 78. "Healthy". And active cyclist And since 2015 under surveillance.  I just came out of active surveillance and was referred to the oncology team. Spoken with the oncologist who will look after me. And got a phone call from the nurse of the GP to make an appointment to have an injection. For me too all is overwhelming that i asked her to give me some time. In the meantime received a copy of a letter describing the trajectory for the coming 6 months.  I was made aware of the side affects. The names of the medication are of course unfamiliar 

psa 9.46. 

Names I read are: bicalutamide, zoladex, prostap, decapeptyl,

at the end radiotherapy 

i am grateful to read the comments in the group  to have the opportunity to share

kind regards

Jan

• No reason you won't be healthy for a long time to come!

Do you know why you were referred to oncology? What changed?

Have you had recent scans?

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• I thank you for your message. I am not sure why. He no doubt told me. But i think i could not follow the quick words. It might have been the increase in psa from 7.1 to 9.46.  And the result of the MRI a month ago. And i read: " intermediate risk carcinoma of the prostate gland.".  I am trying to get hold of the nurse at the surgery if she can explain to me in more detail what it is all about.  Thank you again

jan

• Hi

The medication is standard for controlling the cancer and also for lowering the PSA, radiotherapy is standard, it’s good chemotherapy is not part of the treatment, side effects are a bit daunting sometimes.

But your in good hands and will be with us for a good while longer yet.

keep safe

Joe

• Thank you Joeven for your encouraging words. Very helpful

kind regards

Jan