My husband secondary peritoneal diagnosis after oesophageal gastric cancer

• 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

My husband was diagnosed just a year ago of oesophageal gastric cancer (OGC) he had 4 rounds of Flot chemotherapy then a partial gastronectopy and then 4 more rounds of the Flot. He had complications after his surgery and still has them as part of his stomach pull up above his diaphragm and created a diverticulum where the food pooled and then stuck. He still has this problem and part of his stomach after the diverticulum is about 6mm so they need to balloon it again for him to be able to eat more solid food. He also aspirates often when he's drinking any liquid. He has a thickener that he puts in all his drinks but still this is hit or miss. Mostly hit and it leads to violent coughing and sometimes vomiting.   

A couple days ago he went for his 3 monthly CT scan (this is his second one since the last round of chemo) he had one about a month after his last round of chemo, then 3 months later it showed that he had ascites and indications of secondary peritoneal in the lining around the abdomen. 

He's 65 and this has completely devastated us. 

I don't know if anyone has had this and can prepare me of what is to come or anything that might help.

Thanks

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your husband has been diagnosed with oesophageal cancer and it sounds like you're both going through a very difficult time.

I'm not a member of this group, so can't help with any experience, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"