Peritoneal 13 months in

• 29 replies
  • 13 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 peritoneal 13 months ago , he has had 14 gruelling rounds of chemo . He had every side effect listed . 

we have been to Basingstoke and been told surgery is not an option for him . The tumour has now doubled in size . Basically Chemo has not worked .

we are constantly being told how rare this cancer is especially in Men . He is now in a lot of pain , just to understand if we have any other options or relief from this dreadful disease . 
Are there any other males in the same situation?

Elaine 

• I really don't know why or how this was.missed.but saw I.had not replied. I have had swelling in tummy due to.partial bowel blockage. Seelly.mainly caused by gas and food not moving down. I am.in hospital now for my 2nd spell in 2 week where we are trying bowels rest to clear.i.also get swelling in legs and feet caused by oedema, where efluids are not flowing freely and in the right places through your body. I do hope everything got settled for you. Xx

• I think I caught up. What has happened. In the last 2 months after de bulking

• sending you strength, my mum starts her chemo today for peritoneal. It was touch and go to wether they would start because shes not eaten much in weeks and is so weak. She was diagnosed 30th june x

Peritoneal

• its my mum so female but going down a similar thing, nothing seems to be working to give her some rest from the pain and sickness. Chemo starts today but shes very weak after week of sickness and being unable to eat. sending love x

• Hi Summer, Sorry to hear you are suffering so much and hope you get the relief you so desperately need. 

My tumors started to show a return in July with upper abdominal pain and increased bloods to over 500. So far I have had a further 3 doses of chemo which are getting progressively  harder to deal with. After my 4th they can tweak it so I shouldn't get as many symptoms.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you  that things get easier. xx

• Hi, I hope your mum's chemo goes okay today. I was in the same situation as your mum when I was diagnosed 2 years ago. I was very weak also. After the first chemo I started to feel a bit better so hopefully your mum will feel some relief. It's not easy to deal with but keep the faith and stay positive it really does help.

I have just had my 9th chemo and I won't pretend it is easy but I am determined to do everything I can to stick around. Sending much love and positive thoughts for your mum, stay strong she will need you. xx

• Hi Barnard. I hope you are still doing okay. I had my 3rd chemo on Tuesday and the symptoms are not nice at all, but, I am just doing the best I can. I have a CT scan on Wednesday so hopefully it is good news. Take care. xx

• 9th chemo wow thats amazing, i'm in awe of your strength. Her oncologist said she should feel a little better once the chemo starts and after the initial knock fromt he chemo. I'm really hoping so. I am her strength, she seems to struggle less when im with her but i am over 100 miles away splitting my week between her house and my own, she seems to dip when im not with her. 

Nice to hear you're fighting and still here. sending you so much strength and love xx