Peritoneum cancer. Change of chemotherapy drug.

• 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi to whoever reads this. 

I'm feeling quite upset after a phone call from my oncologist today telling me that the carboplatin chemotherapy that I've had for the past  4 months is not working so advises ne to go on to pacltaxel chemotherapy once a week for 18 weeks.  

I'm really worried about the side affects I might experience and loss of hair etc. Has anyone had this drug and if so could you please tell me honestly how you have been. 

Thanking you in anticipation for your support.

Helen

• Hi Helen I have primary peritoneal and had paclitaxel,carboplatin and avastin all together for 4 months,it didn't work,had lots of bad side effects,virtually spent the whole time in bed or hospital with low white blood count.

I've had a break since August and felt much better,need a drain for acites build up and got a scan tomorrow.

I started eating organic and drinking lots of carrot juice and my last scan in September showed there was some shrinking of the cancer so I'm hoping it's still working on my next scan.

I don't have much faith in chemo.

Good luck with it all x

• Hi Barnard

Thank you for replying to my post. 

Mine is peritoneal metastases  which I believe is not primary.

I'm sorry to hear that your chemotherapy experience hadn't been better. 

I have also started carrot juicing, organic fruits and veg and stopped sugar and many processed foods.

I hope the scan shows an improvement. 

Helen 

Helen