Newly diagnosed

• 3 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I have been diagnosed with peritoneal cancer recently. I am having a laparoscopic biopsy with possible removal of ovaries .

What can I expect on the day and how will l be afterwards?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've just been diagnosed with peritoneal cancer, and I can understand you wanting to find out from others how you'll feel after having a laparoscopic biopsy and your ovaries removed.

I haven't had either of these procedures, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I'm 'tagging'  into my reply to you as they posted about needing a laparoscopic biopsy a couple of years ago. However, as they haven't posted since I'm not sure if they still come on to the community so might not reply.

posted in this group just 5 months ago about having her ovaries removed so I've 'tagged' her in the hope that she'll pop on and share her experiences with you.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, I am not much help to you, as i had a complete hysterctomy following diagnosis of Ovarian cancer followed by chemotherapy, 6 months after completion had recurrence in the peritoneal so currently on chem again. The removal of the ovaries gave menopausal symptoms. Sorry i cant be of more use!

• Hi I have just been told I have peritoneal cancer I went into hospital for total hysterectomy and they could not complete it They found peritoneal cancer so they have taken biopsies have to wait for results to see if its primary or secondry They have said I will probably have to have an operation and chemo