Peritoneal cancer affecting skin

• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Hi - my mum was diagnosed with peritoneal cancer 2 years ago. They couldn't operate due to part of the tumour being attached to a clump of nerve endings and blood cells near her bowel.

She had chemo - mainly to see if it would help manage the pain, and it's definitely helped her over the past year.

Before the chemo the cancer was almost coming out of her skin - it was a horrible red rash that had little tumours on it, she said it was slightly itchy but more painful  - the chemo definitely took this away, but now it's started coming back.

I'm not sure the nurse knows what to do with this as they've not seen it before, i just wondered if anyone had experienced similar? and how you dealt with it?

• Your poor mum x I feel for herPrayi too have peritoneal cancer,I have stopped chemo as it wasn't working for me, I have gone on an organic diet and I juice my own carrots and drink lots of it every day. it's keeping me positive and I can enjoy a normal life without the side effects poisoning my body.hugs and prayers Elaine x