Attending Basingstoke Hospital

• 3 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi, following my Peritonei Cancer diagnosis I will have to attend Basingstoke Hospital for my operation,  I will be attending from Belfast and my wife will be coming also. I was just wondering if there is accommodation on site for my wife. 

Many thanks 

• Hi

I'm afraid that I don't have any knowledge of whether Basingstoke Hospital has accommodation available for your wife while you are having surgery there, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

If you haven't already, could I suggest that you give the hospital a call as they'll be best placed to tell you about any accommodation they have and, if they don't have accommodation for patient's families, they can probably let you know of hotels, B & Bs, etc around and about that do.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, apparently there is accommodation on site. This is probably too late an answer for you though

• Hi there, sorry for the late reply but only just joined the forums.

My wife had Hipec at Basingstoke for her Pseudomixoma peritoneal in 2019, and the team on C ward were amazingly helpful as they arranged a little room in the accommodation blocks just to the back of the hospital for use throughout my wife's 3 week admission. 

I hope you were able to get something sorted, and my best wishes for your recovery.

Cheers

Paul D