Waiting on cfm. Newbie

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

Had cancer four years ago virginal squamous cell. Which was not suitable for surgery but was cleared  with radiation and chemo.  All has been good. But did a scan on Thursday at 2pm and got results at 10am Friday by phone  this said I had a nodule above the bladder dome  unclear significance. Raises possibility of peritoneal disease recommending ct scan.  Scared and worried as have goggles what it is. Could anyone explain what happens next and what is the treatment available th and 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you may have peritoneal cancer and it's natural to want to know what happens next and what treatment you'll get. 

I have a different type of cancer so don't have any first-hand experience with peritoneal cancer but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

It is disappointing that the person who gave you your results over the telephone didn't tell you what happens next. Did they give you a point of contact at the hospital? If so, I'd suggest that you give them a call to see what the plan is.

Macmillan has this information about peritoneal cancer which includes what sort of tests, etc you may have along with the types of treatment on offer. Clicking on the link I've created will take you to it. I hope you'll find it helpful until someone from the group comes along to share their experiences with you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"