Feeling positive

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi,

I am on to my 5th Chemo next week, I ended up asking the Oncoligist if there was something they could do about the fact that I was so poorly with the Chemo, he reduced it by 20% and afterwards I don't feel half as bad now which is great. hair has gone & I am tired all the time but that's normal. I also had my scan and the cancer has stopped growing and some of it is actually dying  off. but they also found that I had blood clots in my lungs, so I now inject blood thinners everyday my poor stomach looks all bruised. But I am getting my breathe back so that's good. apart from feeling poorly I managed to go to a Bryan Adams concert which was great although I had to keep sitting down as I was out of breathe haha but wow he was great and i am so glad I kicked my backside into going. 

so all in all I am feeling positive. the one thing I have noticed when I had cancer 5 years ago my Gyne nurse got in contact with Macmillan about help towards a wig and anything help I needed this time it is a new nurse and no support from her it is strange. does anyone else have a nurse that they can call on but doesn't  get the support lol? 

• Hi

That's great to read how positive you're feeling even though the chemo has made you feel poorly.

I'm not a member of this group but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily spotted.

I have a nurse assigned to me who has been very helpful if I've needed something but she doesn't 'volunteer' information unless I ask. Could this be the case with yours, she'll help if you ask her about something specific but otherwise doesn't necessarily tell you about 'stuff'?

It would be great if you could pop something about about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Domino

I was sorry to read that you have blood clots in your lungs and your cancer has returned after 5 years, do you mind me asking where was your cancer and what stage and grade was it.? 

So pleased that the reduced dose of chemo has helped you cope better with less side effects and your feeling better on it. 

I too have had problems with chemo, I have had time in hospital with reactions and infections. I'm on 80% Paclitaxel and Carboplatin. If you click on my name if you like you will see my profile and my journey so far. 

I had a hysterectomy in April for womb cancer and they did a peritoneal wash and found some cells, due to having grade 3 serous cancer, Iam having 6 cycles of chemo.

It's lovely to hear that you went to the Brian Adams concert,  good on you, how wonderful. 

Regarding your wig, it was my chemo nurse who sorted out my voucher for me. Keep your lovely positive attitude if you can, it really does make a difference. 

Big hug Robin x