Help for a carer whose husband is furious with the world

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

My husband had bowel cancer which was removed then he has been diagnosed with peritoneum cancer and also has two lung nodules. We are going to the hospital on 5 May for tests prior to cryotherapy but I get little information out of him and he hates me going to the hospital with him. He says he tells me everything and there is no prognosis. I feel depressed and frustrated with jo information and putting up with his bad moods. I love him but it’s horrible. How can I cope?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm so sorry to read how your husband's cancer diagnosis is impacting on you both and I can totally understand why you'd want to read about how others cope.

I can see that you've joined the carers only group and I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post there as you'll then connect directly with others who have a loved one living with cancer. I'm sure the group members will be happy to share their coping strategies with you.

If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, sorry it took me so long to get back to you.  Juggling a job and hospital visits is exhausting but now I have a bit of time I am going to do what you suggested.  Thank you!