Hello

• 4 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all, I got official diagnosis 2 weeks ago symptoms started mid October.I am 49 years old.  They have said ppc/fallopian  tube.  CT scan shows deposits up near diaphragm, bowel, around pubic area, rectum. I have severe ascites and have been drained twice.  The first time 9l in 24 hours followed by a further 3 litres that week. The second time was 5 litres.  I have cyto reduction surgery booked in 2 weeks.  Then will have 6 cycles of chemo. I am just hoping I can cope another 2 weeks so avoid another drain.   All been a roller coaster but seem to be coping with it all.  Just ready to start treatment. The ascites and its associated problems is not great but focusing on 2 weeks time. Hope treatment is going well for all of you. Love to hear from others who are different vstages of this journey. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that you've recently been diagnosed with peritoneal cancer and, although I had a different type of cancer, I know how difficult those first few weeks can be.

I don't have any experiences with the type of cancer you have but responding to your post will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily seen.

Another way of reading about other people's experiences is to look at their profile. To do this just click on their username or avatar.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Fatcats

i wondered how you’re doing- how was the op..?
    I’m a couple of weeks and a few litres behind you. Had a drain early in December then, just as it was starting to get really uncomfortable /impinging on lungs etc, started my chemo (3 cycles-op-3 cycles) on New Years Eve. It’s definitely reduced the ascites already though day 4 was pretty hardcore, with joint pain and nausea as well as the familiar Bad Guts….
    Fingers crossed for all of our progress and for some miracle breakthrough!

• Hi fatcats and fearful

I am a few weeks behind both of you. I am 57 and symptoms started with a pain in my stomach which didnt go away along with bloating. Went to a and e on the 3rd Jan and had CT scan etc. Was told metastic peritoneal cancer with unknown primary. 4 litres of fluid drained the following day and went home to wait for results of tests on fluid to see if they could find cancer primary.

Hospital called this morning to say primary peritoneal cancer or possibly ovarian even though I had my ovaries removed 3 years ago. 

Now waiting for gynae oncology to decide on treatment options hopefully early next week as you say waiting is the worst I just want to start it now

Take care both x

• Hi I was told yesterday I have Peritoneal Cancer stage 3  and possibly ovarian.  I am being referred to Oncology on Monday re treatment plan. I am wondering how you are getting on and if you have any advise for me going forward based on your experience x