Hipec

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hello all. I'm just checking in with all of you. I hope your all well. When I was diagnosed with this ppc I had a very bleak future. I was told about hipec and was informed I had to be a good candidate. They made sure I knew everything about it and how it was in its trial stages. I made the decision to have it because what else did I have to lose. So on September 17 2019 I went into 12 hours of debulking surgery and they call hipec the "mother of all surgeries"  and I was told that they also call hipec shake and bake. My point is I'm extremely thankful for it. I truly believe that it saved my life. I've been on Lynparza going on 2 years in January and that's when I stop it. My ca-125 is and has been at a steady 2. I was told that my cancer is completely gone. I'm in shock still since it's metastatic ppc stage 3c. Please ladies have hope. Take care

• Hi

Thanks very much for taking the time to write about your treatment and I'm sure it will give hope to others who have the same type of cancer.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. You could copy and paste what you've typed in this post into your profile if that's the easiest.

Take care

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"