Mestatised to skin

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

My mum was diagnosed with peritoneal low grade serous cancer 2.5years ago. 

She had some chemo that seemed to react positively and things settled for a short while. 

However, the cancer is not acting in a low grade manner, it is slot more aggressive and is affecting her bladder, bowel, amongst other things now. 

She's in a lot of pain and morphine has been increased, however, the cancer is now literally coming out of her skin. It started as a rash, then small bumps but is now a hard, painful crust on her skin which is still spreading. 

The hospital we go to haven't seen anything like this before. 

I just wondered if anyone else had any experience of anything similar? 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that your mum is in a lot of pain and it must be incredibly distressing for you both.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily seen.

Don't forget that you can always ring NHS111 if you're concerned about your mum during this long Easter break.

It would be great if you could pop something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"