recovery

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

I am due major surgery on 17th may (this month). I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long the recovery period is and how i can speed up my recovery? I have taken a year of work to recover and have no idea what to expect. This will be my 2nd op but this time they found tissue on the liver and bowel so i have to have a bowel resection. This will be a very different kind of surgery and i am worried something will go wrong during. Any advice?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with your question as I have a different type of cancer and haven't had the operation that you'll be having next week. However, I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet and responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily spotted.

It might be an idea to join and post in the bowel cancer group, as you've mentioned that you're having a bowel resection, as you'll definitely find people there who have had this procedure. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you there where you can join and post tin the same way as you did here.

Wishing you all the best for next week.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"