Pain!!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi

How are people managing the pain!

Ovarian and peritoneal cancer, had 2 drains so far, waiting treatment. 

Currently on 40mg zomorph twice day, paracetamol, and ibuprofen.   Just got some oramorph for breakthrough pain.   Some days it feels like it's hardly touching it, my ribs feel like they are being squeezed, IFrowning2ve taken up maternal comfort rocking Frowning2️,  does anyone else have any suggestions or tips?

Much appreciated, when it's like this, I feel like I'm loosing the will. 

Much love xxx

• Hi

I can't imagine what it must be like to be in so much pain and I'm hoping that since you wrote this the Oramorph you've recently been prescribed is doing the trick. If it isn't, please do get back in touch with your CNS so that they can help you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi 

Thank you, pain is still up and down, but atm constantly sick, just when that seems to be under control, it comes back with vengeance. 

Going back in to hosp to have stomach drained for 3rd time. 

They now don't know what cancer it is, even though ovaries are enlarged, there was fluid beside my pelvis, and peritoneal has a mass, the biopsy says its not ovarian cancer, they don't know what caner it is, there is a miniscule indication of breast, so now got to have a mammogram and have been referred to the 'Cancer with unknown primary' team. Just want to know what it is, and hopefully starFrowning2 to feel better.  It's just delay after delay.  They said there's definitely cancer there, they just don't know what. Frowning2

Really affecting my mental health too. 

Best wishes xxx

• I'm so sorry to hear this news  These delays must be so frustrating  But they have to know what they're dealing with I guess to treat you most effectively   If it's any reassurance to you, I seemed to wait an age for chemo to start too...and my CA125 levels rocketed alarmingly in the time between the first abnormal result to the one just before my first chemo  But after 3 cycles I was within normal limits  I know this isn't curing me but I feel much more positive about what may happen next, in this rollercoaster we're on

I'm hoping this recent drain has helped you be more comfortable and that meds are controlling it all better for you. I was taking paracetamol round the clock and Oromorph as well at night.....Sending you all my good wishes  xx  

• Hi

How are you doing? Have your team managed to get on top of the pain yet?

I also wondered if they'd got any closer to knowing what your primary cancer is? There is a cancer of unknown primary group within the online community and I don't know whether you'd want to join that group as well. If you do, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for you not knowing what type of cancer you have so it's understandable that it might be affecting your mental health. If you haven't already, have a word with your GP as they should be able to help you manage this.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• My husband has Secondary Cancer of Unknown Primary in his Peritoneal around his bladder, bowel & in his pelvis.

We have been told it is incurable but they are treating him with bowel cancer drugs. He started on 2nd March & is on Day 11 of his tablets. He is really struggling with eating. He was having weetabix but his nurse told him he shouldn't because it's too high in fibre. So he has been forcing down cheese on toast for breakfast & lunch. He tries to eat dinner I make for him but is only eating the same size portion as our young children. He has fortisip but despite asking for vanilla he keeps getting given banana & he is struggling with them too. He says things smell bad & taste of nothing. There is nothing he feels like he wants to eat, even eating chocolate isn't appealing to him. He is also eating rice pudding & custard.  

He has good days & bad days. Just hoping that next week when he has 7 days of no chemo tablets that he will be able to eat more to put on the weight he has lost before starting round 2.