Hello everyone i have had penile cancer for 11 month had 4 ops can't operate anymore so about to have radiotherapy n chemo daily for 5 weeks any advice?

• 5 replies
  • 4 subscribers

It's in my groins now 

• I have had a biopsy on my senital lymph nodes in my groin  just waiting for results. So I will be interested in any replies.

• I. Was diagnosed 12 months ago and had 4 operations 2 onenis where a small amount of the head was removed but it spread to lymph nodes in right n left groins so had surgery results were if was still in right side and had gone into stomach I had 6 keyhole in stomach which was successful but major in groin wasn't couldn't operate anymore so now i am on my last day of 5 weeks of chemo n radiotherapy which i had everyday I have been really good with chemo but radio i have struggled with but i feel ok and my oncologist said i doing good so now i waiting to see if has worked the cancer was only in right groin but quite nasty burns just across public area but if outcome is positive it all been worth it if anyone is goin through same sort of treatment hopefully we will have the result we need for self and family, be strong. Daz

• Wow after reading your story I feel so lucky, I had a glansectomy with skin graft and node biopsies all now good just a few urinary issues.

You have had a hell of a year but as you say it’s worth it as the alternative is not worth thinking about.

Enjoy life we have been given our lives back by these brilliant surgeons who do this day in and day out, I am eternally greatful to these surgeons and the NHS they are a world class service despite all the pressure they are under. I have written to my surgeon thanking him what do you say to a person who has just saved your life.

Robert

• Same as me i couldn't thank enough the nurses especially when your there as often as me you see how hard they work they deserve everything they shouldn't be fighting for government should be ashamed,  my last radiotherapy today so glad it's been a long 13 months got a couple more weeks to get over burns but i keep looking at the future n what it holds 

• I am also looking at the future no matter what issue I have I tell myself anything is better than the cancer tumour. My tumour was growing rapidly and it would have gone from stage 2 to stage 4 very quickly, I don’t think I would have lasted long if the tumour was not removed quickly.

I am almost back to normal just need to accept my urinary issues, seemingly I have had bladder retention for years and didn’t know it. 
    Robert