Pancreatic Cancer

• 2 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum, well I guess you could say I’m new to all of this lol

I was diagnosed with resectable pancreatic cancer in March of this year, had to be my own advocate and by May 8th, 2024 I was having Robotic Whipple surgery at UCLA. Deducted 1/2 of my pancreas, removed 22 lymph nodes of which “1” was positive, which meant it had traveled and I was told the average life expectancy was about 2.5yrs but if I made it to 5yrs it would be considered “cure” I’m not allowing my Dr at UCLA (whom I greatly respect) to dictate my life, Gods got that one in the bag for me. I’m back home in far northern Cali (unfortunately LOL) like most of you I am also dealing with all the GI symptoms but they’re manageable, embarrassing at times, but manageable… what else do you do?! Shrug tone2 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again and I'm sure some forum members will pop along soon.

I'm guessing that you're based in the United States, with your reference to being based in "Cali", so there might be differences in treatment between the states and the UK. However, what everyone has in common is the fact that we're all dealing with cancer.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Glad to hear they could remove it; I think that makes all the difference, even though recovery is slow. Wishing you all the best x