Just had diagnosis confirmed

• 2 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi everyone

I have been complaining od pain around my ribs abd "fullness" for over a year but I was just dismissed

After a scan I  have ""locally advanced inoperable pancreas cancer".  This such a shock. I went from Dr to Dr as I really felt something other than "health anxiety " was the problem

I am due to have a PET scan and then to start chemotherapy

Starting  reon has been a .miracle.  no longer have I got this awful tightness under my ribs.

I am fearful of what to expect with chemotherapy

I previously have had breast and bowel cancer  but surgery ,no chemo

My life has changed overnight!  I hate to see my loved ones distressed

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis. I have not had the same type of cancer so I hope you don't mind me responding. By replying, it will place your post back at the top, so that it may be seen by more members of the pancreatic group. 

I had chemotherapy and radiotherapy in 2022 and my cancer is currently stable. It was not easy but I would choose to have it again. This information may be useful to you https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/treatments-and-drugs/chemotherapy-explained

There is also a group that is just for chemotherapy, this is the link  Chemotherapy forum 

Best wishes for your treatment.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi  

It's natural to worry about treatment as we always fear the worst. I don't know what chemo is used for pancreatic cancer but I had chemo when I was treated for breast cancer and it was no where near as bad as I feared.

Hopefully by replying to your post and 'bumping' it back to the top of the discussion list, some of the pancreatic forum members will see it and pop on to share their experiences with you.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and proposed treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"