Hello

• 4 replies
  • 42 subscribers

I’m new here. I have pancreatic cancer. Diagnosed in March, given 3-6 months to live. I’m still here!! Just had Christmas with my wonderful family, for which I’m very grateful for. 
just wondering how accurate are they normally when giving a prognosis?

• Hi DollyDream welcome to the forum  and I am so very sorry to hear the news that you have been given. Im not sure of the answer to your query  but they give a prognosis based on the best available evidence for your type of Cancer.  That said they have been wrong before and also we are all uniquely different so there is a human element to any prognosis that nobody can predict if that makes any sense? How are you yourself feeling about all this? 

gail

Community Champion Badge

• I’ve been fine with it all. What will be will be! My biggest issue is planning things, I did most

of my bucket list early on and as time went on I keep thinking I might not be here for key events.

however I made my 75th birthday and have done  Christmas with my family,so now what?

I don’t want to plan too much with my family (I have four children and twenty two grandchildren and great grandchildren) in case I’m not here and ruin things. That’s what gets me down, the most.

i suppose most people feel like this 

Dollydream

• I received my diagnosis about 4 weeks ago.  The pancreatitis I had as a result of my biliary stent has resolved and I have found all of my energy has returned. It’s true I have lost a bit of weight and my left shoulder needs paracetamol every 6 hours. I was told it would be about 6 months without chemotherapy but i think it really varies from person to person.  I understand the predicament you find yourself in not being able to plan with your family.  All I know is every day is precious and I wish many more days to come for yourself.  

• Thank you for your reply, sorry to about you diagnosis. I have been filling my life with doing things. I’m off today to spend time with my son and wife and three grandchildren but when the yougest(9) asks if I’m going on holiday with them, this year, I can’t reply with enthusiasm. Nevertheless I’m not miserable and value everyday with them all. Like I said what will be will be!  I will get everything out of my remaining time as I can. Glad that you are too.                                                                                         Regards Dollydream