I am a newbie

• 1 reply
  • 43 subscribers

Recently diagnosed with liver and pancreatic cancer.Given up work and now totally isolated which is very lonely also family in denial so no emotional or general support from them.My palliative nurse team are amazing.I am in alot of pain at the moment and trying to find a level of pain control.Came on here so could speak to people who are in the same boat as me.d

• Hi am sorry that you have been given this bad news.  The bottom fell out of My world when I was told. I am sure you felt the same.My diagnosis is the same as yours. But I have a time of roughly 4 to 6 months they tell me. It must be difficult with no family, I can't imagine, unless they can't believe it or understand "why you" I hope that as time goes on they will come round and give the help you need from them. In the meantime please don't feel lonely. This community of people can help and understand and give love.. I am having backache and some tummyache. I have recently been given morphine but, as yet, haven't started it. I have co-codomol. I take it when needed.

• I am 81and  think I have been lucky to reach this age,but am still not ready. There are so many things I wanted to see. My husband won't manage well at all. I have spoilt him. He doesn't even know how to use the microwave. There are things I am going have and teach.
    • Cathy no one can take away now you feel about what you have learned, it will get better with time, it has to. But there are ways to combat loneliness. What you are doing is good. There are people in your and my positions and they will help  any time you want to reach out. Xx