Another my Mum has T4 Pancreatic Cancer Unresectable

• 1 reply
  • 46 subscribers

Hello found out about 5 weeks ago my mum has PC, it took 2 weeks for the in depth CT Scan and another week for results confirming it is localy advanced into artery so unresectable and I'd T4 tumor at this time. Referred for Endoscopy but have been told today will not be for another 10 days. 

So from initial diagnosis to biopsy will have been 5 weeks already and from what I have ready PC is aggressive and fast growing so I'm so annoyed and frustrated everything is taking so long. How long after the biopsy will they finally start her on any treatment? Will it be worth it? How long do we have? 

I'm so stressed, I have been signed off work, I am already prone to bouts to depression and anxiety but don't want to add to my mums worries. I am a only child and my mum bought me up on her own with help from my gran. I am also Autistic and Adhd so get overwhelmed and my mum has always been there to help me. 

Sorry for the rant so early on, I just don't know what's going to happen and how I'm going to cope.

• Hello Lanamer

This will be a very difficult time for you. The timescales you mention are pretty common although at the time it just seems like ages. Having been on these forums for quite a while what I have learned is that progression of Pancreatic cancer varies from person to person so its very difficult to say anything about timescales.

The best thing I can say is to take one day at a time. It's amazing how you will get the strength to cope with this.

Squeaky