Pancreatic tumour removed

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi, I had a pancreatic tumour removed in September, scan showed no spread, but in December they put me on a 6mths course of chemo in case any surrounding cells might contain cancer that could spread. I've had side effects of nausea, sickness, pins and needles, constipation and high temperatures. The uncertain future often plays on my mind, while trying to stay positive. Anyone got similar experiences? Or recommendations? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

That's great to read that your scan shows no sign of spread but it's natural to worry about the future.

I've just finished a year of treatment for breast cancer having had surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I count myself very fortunate that I didn't really suffer with any side effects but my chemo nurses always reminded me to tell them about any side effects so that they could prescribe something or possibly alter the chemotherapy dose. Have you had chance to talk to your chemo nurses yet about your side effects?

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook, 

Thanks for replying, I've managed to update my profile. 

As you will see from that, I am in touch with the oncologist for her to monitor things.