Beloved hubby just diagnosed.

• 8 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi, thought I’d introduce myself, I’m 55 married to the most amazing man I call “beloved hubby” (aged 64) we got the news last week that he has pancreatic cancer which has spread to his adrenal gland, liver and one lung. We have an endoscopic ultrasound scan (EUS) for a biopsy scheduled for this Wednesday  and are awaiting a face to face meeting with the oncologist team. I have no idea what our timelines are going to be like and guess the face to face will give us more info on that but it all feels very rapid and that time is not on our side. 

• Hi wifey55, so sorry to hear your news…, it’s devastating when you get told the news.
    My hubby has pancreatic cancer and is 47 and I’m 42… and was diagnosed in September 2022. 

in my experience things generally tend to move very quickly, lots of scans, apts and tests. I saw your update this morning about the cancellation of the scan. So frustration when you both build yourself up to have it. 

I found the whole taking each day quite hard at the beginning but  it is the truth,  you can only process one thing at a time. 

Sending hugs 

Chrissie 

• Hi Chrissie I have sent you a friend request on here ….I think. I would appreciate a conversation about Creon with you - to compare really on amounts your husband takes etc- I know everyone is different and I have been talking with our dietician support but nice to talk to someone who is actually walking the walk re Creon. X

• Hi Wifey, 

no problem at all. It will be nice to catch up and see how you are getting on. 

Chrissie 

• Hi, my hubby has just started taking creon, it really seems to be helping him. 

• Hi, Good to hear his in Creon, How many is he taking daily? Any update on his treatment? How are you? 

• Hi ChrisD he is taking 3 with both main meals and 2 with any snacks so about 4 so about 10 daily. His chemo is starting when we get back from looking after our grand dog for a week. I’m ok right now because he is showing no symptoms hardly. Thanks for asking 

• Glad to hear his starting treatment, just a note that if he has anything with milk like tea or coffee to take. Creon too. We should be starting radio next week with chemo. Hubby just out of hospital with a clot, that was hard going…. Glad your ok. Xxx 

• I will pass that on. Oh dear hope he is ok? X